Friday, September 16, 2016

Beating Procrastination and Overwhelm - Day 7

My name is Rowena and I am a procrastinator. I can give you at least a dozen reasons why I keep putting things off until the very last minute. Knowing that I am deadline driven, I always set a deadline earlier than the actual deadline and then stretch it many times. I am going to deploy a different strategy this time and do not set a deadline. The task of writing a fairly complex business plan will be finished as soon as I possibly can. Even though I can still write the plan while traveling six months overseas, I want to finish it here in Vancouver, Canada.

Instead of playing computer games while listening to radio for three hours a day, I will use that time to work on the business plan six days a week. Every day I will wake up at 7:30 am, have breakfast and start working at 8 am. I will not answer phone calls and texts, check emails or organize my files while working on the business plan. I will work 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break for the duration of three hours. This regime will commence on September 22nd, 2016. I do not have anyone to hold me accountable. I will, however, promise to only book my flights after the first draft is in place. In order to depart in early April 2017 at an advanced booking price, I have to finish the first draft by the end of this December.

No comments:

Post a Comment